[Vision2020] U of I Program Cuts

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 10 13:53:44 PST 2009

Arnie -

I am not going to do your work for you.

If you make a claim, SUBSTANTIATE IT!

Don't make a claim and when somebody calls you on it say "Oops. I threw it
away" or "My dog ate my homework."

I cannot believe that . . . after all that time and effort you claim to
have expended in obtaining a copy of this supposed contract, you threw it
away.

You claim to have a degree in political science.  Didn't they cover this
stuff in class?

Jeesh!

I guess that I will simply consider the source.  Phht!

> Hansen,
>
> I suggest you make a public records request if you want a copy. I threw
it
> away back in Oct. of 2006, when I left student government office at UI,
> for the obvious reasons of me not attending there or in office,
it isn't>  my problem anymore.

> Talk to the head of Auxiliary Services at UI. Or the Manager of Food
Servic> es at UI. Both should be aware of the Sodexho-UI Contract.

> Sodexo makes the same about of money regardless of the price charged for
fo> od items. Profit goes to UI. You can also look through the UI budget
under
> expenses and income and find the set amounts in there.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Donovan

a> nd Sodexo", care to scan it and share it with us?

> My sources (several UI archived documents) tell a different story.
>
> Tom Hansen
> Moscow, Idaho
>

> "For a lapse Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitari> an Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to
go to
work.> "

> - Roy Zimmerman
>

> Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:41:19 -0800
> From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
> To: chasuk at gmail.com
> CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] U of I Program Cuts
>

> Chas,
>
> Did you know that Sodexo doesn't decide the food prices, but UI forces
th> em to charge a certain price. If you read their contract with the UI,
you
w> ill see.

> I had a tremendous amount of pressure from students while in ASUI to
figure>  this out. And I was able to get a copy of the written contract
between>  UI and Sodexo, and it was UI, not Sodexo, that was the culprit.

> The profits from Sodexo foods goes to UI, not Sodexo. Sodexo provides the
s> ervices for a modest flat fee, regardless of profit or loss. UI makes
sure
> they make a nice tidy profit off of the food services they provide
through
> Sodexo.
>
> The reason we have to have Sodexo is because no other company is willing
to>  sign the contract UI wants.