[Vision2020] What didn't make it through the censor due to my error in naming the subject "help"

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Tue Jan 6 16:29:21 PST 2009

Moscow is not equipped physically or mentally for the storms we are
experiencing. There are many in this community -- particularly the
elderly and disabled-who are now house-bound. These are ways each of
you can help:

If you own and occupied property or rent it, make sure your sidewalks
are cleared so pedestrians do not have to walk in the streets.

If a neighbor needs help with clearing their sidewalks, driveways, or
roofs (where are roof rakes when one needs them--retailers can you
order them?) --do it.

If you have elderly or disabled neighbors:

--- clear their sidewalks and driveways
--- offer to do their shopping or--better yet--give them a ride to
stores
--- if they don't have off-street parking, dig their cars out and
help them move them so the streets can be plowed

Trying times such as these demonstrate whether a town is a bunch of
attitudes or a community. Each of you will demonstrate which Moscow
is by your actions and attitudes. Do you help or just make snide
remarks?

Kit Craine