[Vision2020] Fragments of our Lord

Warren Hayman whayman at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 1 19:27:28 PST 2009

All this rather reminds me of Johnson's famous literary moment of kicking a rock and saying, "Thus I refute Berkeley." A couple hundred years later, someone came up with this reply:

"Epistemology" by Richard Wilbur

I.
Kick at the rock, Sam Johnson, break your bones:
But cloudy, cloudy is the stuff of stones.

II.
We milk the cow of the world, and as we do
We  whisper in her ear, "You are not true."
Warren Hayman