[Vision2020] Failed Drug Policies from Nixon to Bush

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 23:56:27 PST 2009

Paul,

Glad we agree on the personal responsibility being the key to drug use.
I am not for decriminalizing drugs. But I think we should focus more on helping the people on drugs rather than prosecuting and imprisoning them.

I don't think the government failed in letting everyone know how dangerous drugs are, and how they can mess up your life. The government is not successful in trying to remove abusive drugs from the streets, but as far as I know, no government has been able to accomplish this. Maybe in Singapore, which just shoots you, no trial, no questions, if you are caught with illegal drugs. I think that is a little harsh, and would not want to live in a country that brutal.

I think their is a difference between bombing people having fun in Las Vegas versus that of bombing crops and drug houses profiteering off of people's misery and addiction.

Best Regards,

Donovan