[Vision2020] Humane interrogations work

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 19:04:44 PST 2009

This isn't really in response to this post, it's just something I wanted
to bring up.

Why don't we know very much about what preceded 9/11?  Why aren't the
names of every Al-Qaeda member that was complicit in the attacks on
everyone's lips?  Why don't we know what their motives were with crystal
clarity, despicable as they probably are?  Why haven't there been
documentaries ad nausea about the days and weeks that preceded the
attacks and what each member was doing along the way?

In my opinion, we should have handle the 9/11 crisis as a cooperative
international dedicated criminal investigation.  Citizens of some tens
of countries died that day.  We should have worked together to track
them down and root them out.  Try them, then kill them if we're sure we
have the right ones.  However, going in to some other country with guns
blazing did nothing to help us find those responsible, and very likely
made it impossible now.

If our only goal was to kill fundamentalist Muslims, then we did very
well.  If we were actually interested in bringing those responsible to
justice, we f*cked it up royally.

Paul