[Vision2020] Humane Interrogations Work

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 16:16:11 PST 2009

Roger writes to Nick:

"As for your moral superiority tone, I don't think the mental gymnastics you go through to justify the murder of the unborn, helps your virtue. I think we have hashed this around long enough. I am signing off on it."

Reading Nick's post, it didn't seem as if his tone was any more morally superior than the majority of posts to v2020. It actually seemed more cordial than many other posts, though perhaps I'm missing something. Most people who post here are probably compelled to lay out their argument because of moral issues, but seem to disregard treating others as they would be treated.

Considering, though, that Roger condones torturous interrogations, which may lead to the detainee being killed, it seems that Roger takes the moral superiority cake, as he feels his morals trump what most people consider barbarism.

That being the case, then obviously Roger wouldn't want to further the dialog with people he feels are trying to be morally superior than he thinks he is. That's probably too threatening to his morally superior view, as it is difficult being challenged to defend your opinions, particularly in the face of compelling evidence.

Humbly,

gclev