[Vision2020] The more things change the more they stay the same

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 17:08:24 PST 2009

"Terrorists such as those responsible for 9/11 are murders and should not be released."

Didn't the terrorists responsible for 911 die in the plane crash?

But if there are murderers still alive, shouldn't they be tried for murder, as rule of law seems to dictate? If evidence indicates they are guilty, then they should be sentenced as appropriate.

But to start a war, becoming implicated in 1000 fold as many murders, means that the people responsible for starting that war should be tried as well. Otherwise, this double standard is seen as hypocritical, and any moral superiority we may have had is gone.

I fully support a congressional inquiry into the Bush admins dealings surrounding this, as we deserve to know what happened and why, as we all are going to feel the repurcusions of their actions for a long time. They should be tried for war crimes and we need to have the evidence in hand to see if they are innocent or guilty.

It seems one of the few people to benefit from the Iraq war is Dick Cheney, who has ties to Halliburton, meaning he made money from this war. That is immoral.

There doesn't seem to be to many others who have gained much from that folly. Not our military, not the Iraqis, and not our children who are going to be paying for what was an incredibly out of scale response to the 911 murders.

gclev