[Vision2020] Humane interrogations work

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 19:43:25 PST 2009

What Garrett actually wrote was:

> I'm asking to see if we could reason as to why we live in a world
> seemingly filled with violence due to humans striking fellow humans, so as
> to possibly extricate ourselves from this deadly spiral...

Garrett asked if "WE could use reason" (emphasis mine), not whether
the terrorists do, or could.  To elaborate -- according to my
interpretation, I hasten to add -- he was encouraging us to use our
collective intellectual faculties to figure out the root causes of
terrorism, and then, equipped with that knowledge, develop preventive
strategies.

Chas