[Vision2020] Offensive Cartoon (in my opinion)

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Feb 19 06:25:16 PST 2009

Joe said:
". . . suggesting that someone is racist just because they don't see the
cartoon as racist is absurd."

I find myself agreeing with Joe here.

And maybe it's because one of those "entertainment news" shows was on that
happened to have a story about the crazy chimp that tore a woman's face off
because she had a different hairstyle than the last time she visited and
he'd also not had his anti-anxiety meds (you can't make this stuff up) so
the cops show up and had to put the chimp down, *I* associated the cartoon
with *that* chimp, as in maybe the cartoonist is insinuating the Democrats
had the chimp write the stimulus bill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama didn't write it all by himself, which, I
suppose, could suggest (along what I see as Kai's line of thinking) that a
hundred thousand chimps with a hundred thousand typewriters wrote it, or at
least one of them did (if I remember the adage correctly, at least one of
the others is banging out the complete works of William Shakespeare).

And don't get me wrong, there are things I find offensive, but as far as
this one goes I have to make too many implausible leaps to consider the
chimp as representing our president to find this particular item thus.

I think I understand what I just said there, but it's early . . .

DC