[Vision2020] Sen Schroeder

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 09:18:32 PST 2009

roger hayes wrote:
> Additionally, we should remember this sort of legislation has been
> rejected before in both the Idaho Senate and House. The arguments
> against these sales found that selling water to out of state interests
> was not in Idaho's long term best economic interests. While we live in
> different times with different economic circumstances, we should be
> very judicious in defending both Idaho's economy and precious water
> supply. Selling water to a mega-mall development across the border in
> Washington will do neither.

What were the arguments mentioned above?  What effects will selling our
water have, especially in light of the fact that Washington can extend
their infrastructure to the border and grab it themselves, eventually?

Also, has there been any talk of setting up a joint Washington/Idaho
committee or task force or something that can work this issue?  Aside
from the air around us, I can't think of a resource in more need of
cooperative management.

Paul