[Vision2020] Sen Schroeder

roger hayes rhayes at turbonet.com
Sun Feb 15 08:24:18 PST 2009

> From: roger hayes <rhayes at turbonet.com>
> Date: Mon Feb 9, 2009  6:07:46 AM US/Pacific

I am very much disappointed that Sen Schroeder chose not to respond
with a justification of why he so adamantly supported a bill allowing
municipalities to sell water to out of state interests. His refusal to
respond to constituent's concerns with an explanation demonstrates an
arrogance typical of long term elected officials. We should keep his
actions and interests in mind during election season. It certainly
smacks of special interest legislation.
Additionally, we should remember this sort of legislation has been
rejected before in both the Idaho Senate and House. The arguments
against these sales found that selling water to out of state interests
was not in Idaho's long term best economic interests. While we live in
different times with different economic circumstances, we should be
very judicious in defending both Idaho's economy and precious water
supply. Selling water to a mega-mall development across the border in
Washington will do neither.

Roger Hayes
Moscow