[Vision2020] Phil Jones Will "Stand Aside" as Director of Climatic Research Unit for Independent Review

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 19:14:10 PST 2009

I don't really know, but I'm assuming that "stand aside" means that he
will not wear the hat of Director temporarily pending the outcome of the
review and that he will still continue with his professorship.
Presumably, if the review finds no wrong doing then he will be
reinstated as the Director.  It's hard to tell from the wording below.
It could also mean that he's been put on the equivalent of
administrative leave while the review is in progress.

Paul