[Vision2020] Say What? (local and recent)

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 12:34:22 PDT 2009

It is worse than this, Tom, for his comments reveal an intolerance of
other religious views than his own. If you look at my last post,
containing passages from Ted Kennedy's letter to the Pope, Kennedy
claimed to be deeply religious. In fact, everything about his life --
his opposition to the death penalty, his concern for the poor, his pro-
choice views coupled with his personal opposition to abortion -- is
consistent with a standard east coast, liberal Catholicism, the kind
that was adopted by many of the families from my old neighborhood in
Piscataway, New Jersey, including my own. He is not just critical of
non-Christians -- atheists, Muslims, etc. -- he is critical of other
Christians who don't adopt his own narrow world views.

There is no room for freedom of religion in the Wilson world view, yet
another disconnect between the radical right and the principles on
which our country was founded. There is just insult and ridicule
unless you accept his views. What arrogance!

Sent from my iPhone