[Vision2020] Say What? (local and recent)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Aug 30 12:47:42 PDT 2009

Excellent point, Joe.  I should have realized that after browsing through
Kennedy's letter to the Pope.

My attempt, like yours, was to highlight Wilson's grotesque hypocrisy.

This may surprise him, and franky I don't give a sh*t, but I grew up in
Los Angeles attending a local Methodist church every Sunday, right up to
the week I enlisted.

I was taught to believe that true Christians not only care for themselves,
but their community as well.  If you truly care . . . if you really give a
damn about your neighbor, you will offer a helping hand and not a clinched
fist.

Thanks for reminding us, Joe.

> It is worse than this, Tom, for his comments reveal an intolerance of
> other religious views than his own. If you look at my last post,
> containing passages from Ted Kennedy's letter to the Pope, Kennedy
> claimed to be deeply religious. In fact, everything about his life --
> his opposition to the death penalty, his concern for the poor, his pro-
> choice views coupled with his personal opposition to abortion -- is
> consistent with a standard east coast, liberal Catholicism, the kind
> that was adopted by many of the families from my old neighborhood in
> Piscataway, New Jersey, including my own. He is not just critical of
> non-Christians -- atheists, Muslims, etc. -- he is critical of other
> Christians who don't adopt his own narrow world views.
>
> There is no room for freedom of religion in the Wilson world view, yet
> another disconnect between the radical right and the principles on
> which our country was founded. There is just insult and ridicule
> unless you accept his views. What arrogance!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown