[Vision2020] Walt Minnick

Rosemary donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Wed Aug 26 21:27:54 PDT 2009

I attended the Walt Minnick question and answer thingy tonight at the 1912
Building.  My remarks were prepared in advance and follow this paragraph.
Although I did not call him a jackass (as he accused me of doing) after
hearing his rambling non-answers and half-assed explanations for an hour, I
probably should have.  At least Republicans are honest enough not to pretend
they are Democrats.  I can't say the same for Rep. Minnick.

"Last night we lost a great Democrat.  Sen. Kennedy was a tireless advocate
for the poor, civil rights, labor, and universal health care.  He
personified the liberal, progressive wing of our party.  You, on the other
hand, Congressman Minnick, as a Blue Dog Democrat, are the philosophical
descendent of the jackasses who formed the Boll Weevils, and the Dixiecrats
-  splinter groups that stood against all that Teddy Kennedy stood for.
Please tell us, based on your voting record, including the fact that you
have cast 60% of your congressional votes with the Republicans, and your
attitude toward the public health care option, why you should expect liberal
Democrats to support you in 2010."

Rose Huskey