[Vision2020] Gay Marriage benefits for Gary

the lockshop lockshop at pull.twcbc.com
Sat Aug 15 11:33:10 PDT 2009

Hmmm, lets try that again.

"... the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment protecting the
free exercise of religion makes it unlikely that a church would be
forced by law into performing same-sex weddings."

I didn't say anything about being forced by law to perform same sex
marriages per se, nor was I confining my thought to the US. The sorts of
things I was thinking of when I said "provide services" was...

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91486340

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-417582/Vicars-sued-refusing-bless-gay-weddings-fears-Church.html

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=25762

etc.

While I'm convinced that the best possible environment for the raising of
kids is in a family that consists of a man and a woman committed to one
another for the long haul, using govenment to encourage it has (as most
things governmental) become ineffective. I agree with Roger and as I have
said before removing The State from the equation would seem to be the best
solution.

> "... the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment protecting the
> free exercise of religion makes it unlikely that a church would be
> forced by law into performing same-sex weddings."
>
> I didn't say anything about being forced by law to perform same sex
> marriages per se, nor was I confining my thought to the US. The sorts of
> things I was thinking of when I said "provide services" was...
>
> Gay Rights, Religious Liberties: A Three-Act Story : NPR
>
> Vicars could be sued for refusing to bless gay weddings, fears ...
>
> http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=25762
>
> etc.
>
> While I'm convinced that the best possible environment for the raising of
> kids is in a family that consists of a man and a woman committed to one
> another for the long haul, using govenment to encourage it has (as most
> things governmental) become ineffective. I agree with Roger and as I have
> said before removing The State from the equation would seem to be the best
> solution.

>>> from reality. There are quite a few instances of legal action being
>>> brought
>>> to bear on religious groups for refusing to provide services to
>>> homosexual
>>> couples. I find it quite hard to believe that a repeal of DOMA would