[Vision2020] Gay Marriage benefits for Gary

the lockshop lockshop at pull.twcbc.com
Sat Aug 15 11:08:54 PDT 2009

"... the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment protecting the
free exercise of religion makes it unlikely that a church would be
forced by law into performing same-sex weddings."

I didn't say anything about being forced by law to perform same sex
marriages per se, nor was I confining my thought to the US. The sorts of
things I was thinking of when I said "provide services" was...

Gay Rights, Religious Liberties: A Three-Act Story : NPR

Vicars could be sued for refusing to bless gay weddings, fears ...

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=25762

etc.

While I'm convinced that the best possible environment for the raising of
kids is in a family that consists of a man and a woman committed to one
another for the long haul, using govenment to encourage it has (as most
things governmental) become ineffective. I agree with Roger and as I have
said before removing The State from the equation would seem to be the best
solution.