[Vision2020] Why I (don't) Support Gay Marriage

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Aug 14 12:44:12 PDT 2009

No, what "Miss Hendrickson" and I and others want is for same-sex couples to enjoy the same legal rights as Jeff and I do.  And I'd like documentation from you of any church facing litigation or civil penalties for declining to marry -- in their church, as a religious ceremony -- same sex couples.  I would be opposed to forcing churches to do anything, like, for example, perform a marriage ceremony for a man and woman who have previously divorced under circumstances the church's leadership finds unBiblical.  No one forces churches to marry, baptize, hold funeral services for, or otherwise officiate at any ceremony, and they wouldn't if CIVIL law allowed for same-sex couples to marry CIVILLY, with the religious community they call home supporting them any way they choose to.  Or not.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com