[Vision2020] love letters or a desperate cry for attention?

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 29 17:46:13 PDT 2009

My Dearest Bertha,

I get that you aren't interested in contributing to the discussion.

I get that you are not swayed by my suave good looks and worldly charm.

I get that my powerful intellect and rapier wit bounce off you seemingly unnoticed.

In fact, I am coming to believe that you imagine you don't really care for me at all. (wink, wink)

All of these things I can understand.

What I can't understand is why you are frightened of me.

The waifish Ms. Lund delights in spitting in my eye.

The diminutive Ms. Mix gleefully reads me the riot act.

The delicate Ms. Hovey never hesitates to point out my failings as she sees them.

And all of them do it over their very own real life names.

What could I have done to scare you into hiding?

Many of my most vocal critics on this forum have actually spoken with me face to face and emerged none the worse for wear.

What could I have done to cause you to cower so?

What horror could I have inflicted on you that leaves you with no recourse but to hurl pitifully weak epithets from the safe harbor of anonymity?

Or could it be that you simply yearn to be noticed?