[Vision2020] Anyone Else Screwed by FSR?

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 29 12:07:20 PDT 2009

While I'm no longer a FSR customer, it's not because of any problems I had
with First Step.  Like Tom, I was a very long-term First Step customer going
back to early-dial up days.  When DSL first became available , I jumped to
that.  Unfortunately, that brought Verizon (actually, I think it was still
GTE back then) into the picture, and they were chronically unable/unwilling
to solve technical problems on their end, so I had no choice but to bail
when there was another affordable option.

Anyway, I do want to say that I always found First Step a pleasure to work
with.  My experiences with their technical support folks was always
excellent.  As Bill London reminds us, they've hosted this list serve gratis
for years, which I truly appreciate.  They refused to cave into the threats
from a bully in 2006 (http://www.fsr.com/fax-6-8-2006.pdf), and I really
appreciate that.  Finally, *even though* I'm no longer a paying First Step
customer, when I've had problems with my V2020 membership or with message
delivery, First Step has always worked with me and/or my ISP to quickly get
things straightened out.

Dave, I'm sorry your experience was different -- I had a few bumps in the
road along the way, but for the me difference was that I could always count
on First Step to be willing to do everything they could on their end to get
problems solved, solved quickly, and solved with a smile on their faces,
which I certainly can't say about other ISPs I've had experience with.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****