[Vision2020] Habeas Corpus at Bagram

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:29:20 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM, g. crabtree <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:

>  "*you admit that torture happened while denying that anyone in particular
> (even the lawyers who set the bar at "pain equal to that caused by death;"
> even the political figures who compelled them to produce that opinion) is
> responsible for it."*
> **
> Wrong. I admit that some detainees may have been mistreated and abused. I
> do not admit that prisoners were tortured as an act of administrative
> policy. Endlessly mischaracterizing my position is not productive.

How does what you're saying differ from how I characterized it?

So, what you're saying is that torture occurred, and that the bar for
torture was set so high that no act that did not risk death could meet it,
but that no one is responsible for it, should be punished for it, and that
no one should ever investigate what took place. You have also evaded every
last one of my questions as to what you actually believe occurred.  You are
doing this because you can't find facts to substantiate your version of
events.

It's intellectual cowardice that rivals your moral cowardice.

-- ACS