[Vision2020] Harsh Interrogations

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Apr 28 11:08:55 PDT 2009

I see where Senator McCain has positioned himself as acknowleding waterboarding as torture, yet
turning a blind eye and deaf ear to any sort of subsequent action, with his response of . . .

"We know what we did was wrong, but it won't happen again."

If only Hitler's henchmen had come up with such a crafty defense.

> Roger,
>
> While I agree that self defense is a basic right, torture isn't, even if
> it is done in "self defense"!  I am sure that the Nazis in Poland, France,
> and all the other countries they occupied were torturing in "self defense"
> too! Are they to be let off the hook too? And what about the trials of the
> nazi "legal advisors"? Should we now, based on the Bush Doctrine absolve
> them of their crimes too?
>

> Wayne

>> I am well aware of Hitchen,s opinion.  As I said before it may torture but
>> it does not raise to the level to physical mutilation.
>> Self defense is a basic right. To not do so is suicidal.
>> Roger

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to change and the Realist adjusts
his sails."

- Unknown