[Vision2020] Harsh Interrogations

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Apr 24 10:57:19 PDT 2009

Roger Falen stated:

"Whether water boarding is torture or not is open to question."

Congress has stated that waterboarding is torture.

Former members of Bush's administration, just recently, have stated that
waterboarding is torture.

Army Field Manual 2-22.3, Human Intelligence Collector Operations, (which
I have posted twice here on the Viz), which is sttrongly supported by
Congress and the JCS (Joint Chiefs of Staff) clearly identifies
waterboarding as torture.

Any questions?

> All
> Looks like you have all been busy since I was last on here.
> The reports sited by Andreas do not gel with those I have reported on
here previously.
> Every one should be opposed to torture for tortures sake or for sadistic
pleasure(Abu
Ghraib).
> Whether water boarding is torture or not is open to question. In any
case it does not rise
to the level of pulling  out finger nails or pulling off arms. It it
did ,I do not think
that Oliver North and Christopher Hitckens would have submitted to it.
> Any so called enhanced interrogations should be used sparingly. It
should only be used in
those cases where it might prevent a major attack.  It should never be a
routine practice
of the police force or for that matter of the military.
> Tom has relatives in L.A. He might change his mind if there were all
wiped out by an
attack on L.A. that could have been prevented.
> Roger

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to
have fun doin' it.  Lord, let your laughter ring forth.  Be outrageous,
ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can
produce.  And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer
joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it
was."

- Molly
Ivins