[Vision2020] "Harsh" Interrogations -As ye sow, so shall you

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Thu Apr 23 20:00:16 PDT 2009

And How soon we forget:

November 29th, 2007:
(AP)  Republican presidential candidate John McCain reminded people Thursday that some
Japanese were tried and hanged for torturing American prisoners during World War II with
techniques that included waterboarding.
"There should be little doubt from American history that we consider that as torture
otherwise
we wouldn't have tried and convicted Japanese for doing that same thing to Americans,"
McCain
said during a news conference.

> You suffer from the same misconception that gets so many of my clients in
t> rouble: Your opinions do not reflect the law.

> Your understandings appear to be based on your wholesale acceptance of the
> rationales offered by war criminals to cover their asses.  Why aren't you
s> o blindly accepting the rest of the time?

> Sunil
>

> > From: jampot at roadrunner.com
> > To: godshatter at yahoo.com; lfalen at turbonet.com; bear at moscow.com;
vis> ion2020 at moscow.com
> > Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:16:08 -0700
> > Subject: Re: [Vision2020] "Harsh" Interrogations -As ye sow,	so shall
y> ou

> > This seems to me to be a fair question. If it's considered torture to
put>  a
> > guy in a box with a caterpillar, what about a cell with a fellow
terror> ist?
> > It's really just a matter of degree. If depriving an unlawful combatant
o> f
> > sleep is torture  what about not allowing the poor dears to sleep in on
t> he
> > weekends? Stress positions criminal? What about not providing
orthopedic>
> > queen sized beds and massaging barcoloungers? Pouring water on their
ugly>
> > mugs too harsh? What about insisting that the prisoners take a monthly
> > shower whether they need it of not?
> >
> >  Rape as torture? To be sure although I'll take it over having my skin
> > removed with eyebrow tweezers, being lowered into a chipper shredder
up>  to
> > my navel, being beaten with rods till the number of broken bones
exceed> s
> > ones  I.Q. (I know, I know a few fingers and a rib in my particular
cas> e) a
> > week or two of ground glass suppers and battery acid enemas or being
rubb> ed
> > in fat and roasted till your so overcooked the New York Times food
critic>
> > would send you back to the chef and write a scathing review in the
Sunday>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------> --------

> take

> > > What
> > > we may have done at GITMO had no bearing on how Iran conducts
> > > interrogations. They would
> > > use brutal tactics no matter what we do.
> > > information of an impending attack and does not use what ever means
is>
> > > necessary to obtain
> > > that information and
> > > came from detainees and that an attack on L.A was thwarted by
informati> on
> > > obtained from
> > > KSM.

Scalia>