[Vision2020] "Harsh" Interrogations -As ye sow, so shall you reep

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Wed Apr 22 20:50:18 PDT 2009

Well, what we have said is fine, is now coming back to bite us.

 American-Iranian journalist Roxana Saberi was sentenced  to eight years' jail on Saturday
after
being convicted in a secret trial of spying for the United States. Her Iranian-born
father, Reza
Saberi, says she may have been tricked into a confession, believing she would be released
if
she co-operated with the authorities. He said his daughter was so depressed by her
sentence -
the harshest ever given to a dual national on security charges in Iran - that she is
threatening
to go on hunger strike.

Will they force feed her like we have force fed the prisoners at Guantánamo Bay Detention
Camp when they have gone on hunger strikes? IF they do, what makes us think we have a
right
to object?

Did they use enhanced interrogation techniques to discover that she was a spy? And
remember,
she was arrested for SPYING. If she was in the United States could we have sued enhanced
interrogation techniques?  US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said on BBC Radio 4
that
since these methods are not intended to punish they do not violate the Eighth Amendment to

the United States Constitution, barring "cruel and unusual punishment", and as such may
not
be unconstitutional.

Well, we started this dog fight, now we pay. How do we get back on the moral high ground
where this kind of behavior from ANY GOVERNMENT is wrong? I believe it starts with the
indictment and arrest of George W. Bush et al. Or don't they think they'd get a fair
trial? They
sure as hell would get better treatment awaiting trial than they gave!