[Vision2020] Bush Administration Used 9/11 as a Pretext to Invade Iraq

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 22 14:39:44 PDT 2009

Hi Chasuk,

This case may be in one of your links, but here is a paragraph from my most recent column on torture that shows that the Bush administration was desperate to make the false link between Al Qaeda and Saddam.

The case of Ibn al-Libi is an especially egregious example of forced confession.  In December, 2001, al-Libi had been turned over to the CIA by the Pakistanis and was then sent to Egypt to be interrogated.  When asked about biological weapons, al-Libi didn't even understand what the word "biological" meant. He also didn't know who Saddam Hussein was, but under torture, he made up a story about three Al Qaeda members going to Iraq to learn about nuclear weapons.  From www.home.roadrunner.com/~nickgier/HumaneTreatment.htm

Nick