[Vision2020] Nellis to be Named UI President

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Wed Apr 22 14:31:55 PDT 2009

I agree that his appointment is bad news especially with waiving the board policy on
outside
payments for his salary! Now he is beholding to two "Masters" so to speak. The yearly 37k
from
the foundation is more than a lot of people at the university even make, let alone
"supplement"
a nearly 300k yearly salary, plus house, plus car, and based on the usual way of doing
business
in Idaho God only knows what "secret"  deals were done behind the scenes. or does anyone
really trust the board of Ed enough to think there isn't one, that of course being a
"personnel"
discussion, they don't have to reveal.
And how does the 3% to 5% pay cuts effect him?  Any guesses?

Since the board is more than willing to hide behind the  unique position of the
University,
maybe the people of Idaho should recall those times of long ago when the University was
established and deal with them in the same fashion - Somebody get a rope!

Another reason to vote NO! when the constitutional amendment comes up in November for the
People to decide, not the appointed political hacks.

> I think that this is bad news. They had to offer him a lot of money to come and more
than
likely he will not stay long. He apparently had the support of the vandal Booster. I don't
like this any better than I do of White's Multicultural/ diversity nonsense. Even though
he may not be the best it would have been better to stick with Daley-Laursen. At least he
would stay and we would not have to go though this again in the near future.