[Vision2020] Who said . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Apr 19 13:27:33 PDT 2009

Very good, g.

Now the next step.

How about the "boys are failing in school because doing well in school is
perceived as a feminine trait, prompting the 'You're so gay'" quote.

Now, stay in step, g.  I wouldn't want you to misunderstand my final
thesis when we get there.

(Shooting fish in a waterless barrel was never this easy.)

> "I NEVER heard or read that if a black student excelled academically, (s)
he
> was doing the white thing."
>
> Go into any inner-city neighborhood, and folks will tell you that
government
> alone can't teach kids to learn. They know that parents have to parent,
that
> children can't achieve unless we raise their expectations and turn off
the
> television sets and eradicate the slander that says a black youth with a
> book is acting white."
>    -Barack Obama, Keynote Address, Democratic National Convention, 2004
>
> Apparently BHO has.

who
> > said:
> >
> > "The current theory is that boys are failing in school because doing
well
> > in school is perceived as a feminine trait, prompting the 'You're so
gay'
> > harassment.
> >
> > It's similar to the taunt among African-Americans that doing well in
> > school is a white trait."
> >
> > --------------
> >
> > V-peeps:  I am 57 years old.  I have attended public schools in Los
> > Angeles and North Idaho.  While attending these public schools I NEVER
> > heard or read the "taunt" that "doing well in school is a white trait."
> >
> > During my 20-year tenure in the United States Army, which included five
> > CONUS (Continental United States) assignments (from Fort Dix, New
Jersey
> > to Presidio of San Francisco, California) and six overseas assignments
> > (four in Germany, one in South Korea, and one in Vietnam), I NEVER
heard
> > or read the "taunt" that "doing well in school is a white trait."
> >
> > I have heard and read of incidents where members of minorities were
> > excluded from admission to certain public facilities.  But I NEVER
heard
> > or read that if a black student excelled academically, (s)he was doing
the
> > white thing.
> >
> > But, then there are a couple local private schools here in
> > Vandalville . . . Perhaps those are the schools to which this blahgster
> > refers.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Tom Hansen
> > Moscow, Idaho
> >
> > "So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget
> > have fun doin' it.  Lord, let your laughter ring forth.  Be outrageous,
> > ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can
> > produce.  And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the
sheer
> > joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun
it
> > was."
> >
> > - Molly
> > Ivins

> > This message was sent by First Step Internet.
> >           http://www.fsr.com/

-------

> > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >               http://www.fsr.net

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to