[Vision2020] My bad: yet again, it ain't over till it's over

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 00:45:59 PDT 2009

Vizpeeps,

I only caught the 8th inning and part of the 9th inning of the M's / Twins game on Tuesday night.  With the M's up 5-3 and the Twins down to their last out with no runners on base, I simply chalked this up in the Mariner's win column and headed to the store to get a couple of bricks of Nestle's Toll House Cookie Dough.  When I got back, I checked Yahoo Sports MLB and was stunned to see that the M's lost 6-5.  I rewound my still on FoxSports Northwest TiVo back all the way back of its half hour buffer to see how this nightmare unfolded.  With two out and none on, Brandon Morrow had already walked the bases loaded (back in time) and Miguel Batista was brought in to get the final out which he didn't do.  Instead, there was an infield single making it 5-4, followed by a first pitch swinging base hit to center scoring 2 runs and ending the game 6-5.

As Yogi said long ago, 'it ain't over till it's over' and yet I still just never learn.  Due to chaos theory, I take full responsibility for single handedly causing this Mariner's loss.  I'll try not to let this happen again for the remainder of the season.

-Scott