[Vision2020] Seriously: U of I Presidency

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 2 08:55:13 PDT 2009

I agree with you, Bear.

It is time for a change.  And we can start with the Baoard of Regents.

Once new faces appear on the Board of Regents, maybe new faces will appear
in the UI Admin Building as well.

One can only hope.

> --===============0574130151==
>
> The University of Idaho has gone through five leaders, both temporary
and permanent
> presidents, in the past six years. Is it time for a new President or a
new Board of
> Regents?
>
> With all the TALENT and LOCAL knowledge we have here already, who in
their right mind
> decided to WASTE money on a "head hunter" that so far is batting a 3 out
of 5 failure
> rate?
> Some experts that WE hired! I say WE because ultimately it is OUR money
these "appointees"

> are
> tossing away. When do the folks that supposedly know much more than the
unwashed masses
> have their feet held to the fire or at least step up and accept the
responsibility for
> their
> failures?
>
> We have two left out of the "Holies of Holies" selected by
the "committee" - Larry Penley,

> who
> abruptly resigned from Colorado State University. The resignation came
weeks after The
> Colorado Independent published an investigative series highlighting the
decisions made
> during
> Penley’s tenure to drastically increase athletics funding and funding
for his own office,
> at the
> expense of academics. (We paid money for him to even be on the list?)
and Don Burnett,
> dean
> of the University of Idaho Law School.
>
> In no particular order, right here on the Palose, we have Sheldon
Vincenti, Larry Branen,
> and I
> am sure a handful of others that can and would step up to the plate and
do the job a lot
> better
> than what we've had for the last few years.......................
>
> Comments?

>            http://www.fsr.com/

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.