[Vision2020] Seriously: U of I Presidency

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Thu Apr 2 08:36:53 PDT 2009

The University of Idaho has gone through five leaders, both temporary and permanent
presidents, in the past six years. Is it time for a new President or a new Board of
Regents?

With all the TALENT and LOCAL knowledge we have here already, who in their right mind
decided to WASTE money on a "head hunter" that so far is batting a 3 out of 5 failure
rate?
Some experts that WE hired! I say WE because ultimately it is OUR money these "appointees"
are
tossing away. When do the folks that supposedly know much more than the unwashed masses
have their feet held to the fire or at least step up and accept the responsibility for
their
failures?

We have two left out of the "Holies of Holies" selected by the "committee" - Larry Penley,
who
abruptly resigned from Colorado State University. The resignation came weeks after The
Colorado Independent published an investigative series highlighting the decisions made
during
Penley’s tenure to drastically increase athletics funding and funding for his own office,
at the
expense of academics. (We paid money for him to even be on the list?) and Don Burnett,
dean
of the University of Idaho Law School.

In no particular order, right here on the Palose, we have Sheldon Vincenti, Larry Branen,
and I
am sure a handful of others that can and would step up to the plate and do the job a lot
better
than what we've had for the last few years.......................

Comments?