[Vision2020] House Bill 216 (Pharmacist Conscience Bill)

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 09:11:22 PDT 2009

Y'all are making it far more complicated that it needs to be  :-)  You don't
need to change religions or start any -- it's all a matter of "conscience,"
which simply means "the religious, ethical, or moral principles held by any
person."

So, we can all go to pharmacy school, and then use the pharmacies to ram our
moral principles down the unsuspecting throats of the vulnerable:  those in
medical need.  In Idaho, pharmacies will be the churches of the twenty-first
century!  YeeHAW!

Since contrary to the lies The Swill wants us to believe HB 216 *doesn't*
only apply only to "family planning" medications, I can see a pharmacist
having a moral principle that humans have become too pill happy when it
comes to dealing with depression (for instance) and refusing to dispense the
appropriately prescribed medications.  Suicides could result, but WAIT!
There would be no liability because Idaho was STUPID enough to pass laws to
protect holier than thou pharmacists and to prohibit the businesses that
hire them from protecting the public.  The families left behind would be
devastated what with children without fathers or mothers, and some would
undoubtedly require government assistance to provide the necessaries for
their children, but what the heck, right?  The anti-choice movement (that's
who's brilliant minds are behind this piece of garbage) doesn't give a rip
as long as they get their way by hook or by crook.

Yeah, this law was an absolutely brilliant move on the part of those who
lack the brains God gave a billy goat.  I think it's totally brilliant that
its proponents have now given employers the green light to stick their noses
into "the religious, ethical, or moral principles" held by their employees
or potential employees.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****