[Vision2020] character assassination (was RE: Citing Primary Sources via Secondary Sources)

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 22:00:50 PDT 2008

If I followed my impulses to play Vision2020 monitor, I'd be posting a
monitoring comment every day or two.

You are implying those engaged in this discussion don't know any better...
Like children, they must be reminded of their social blind spots,
contributing to the tragedy of the commons.

But if accomplished academic professionals like Gier, Harkins and Campbell
require your admonishment regarding their unwise indulgence on one
subject...

"Lost in a lost world," as the song goes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFFlCXS6RKs

I woke up today, I was crying,
Lost in a lost world.
So many people are dying,
Lost in a lost world.
Some of them are living an illusion,
Bounded by the darkness of their minds.
In their eyes it's nation against
nation against nation,
With racial pride.
Sad hearts they hide
Thinking only of themselves,
They shun the light,
(somehow they shun the light)
They think they're right,
(somehow they think they're right)
Living in their empty shells.

Oh, can you see their world is crashing
(so many people, so many people)
Crashing down around their feet
And angry people in the street,
Are telling them they've had their fill
(so many people)
Of politics that wound and kill
(so many people)
Grow, the seeds of evolution
(so many people, so many people)
Revolution never won
It's just another form of gun
To do again what they have done
(so many people, so many people)
With all our brothers, youngest sons.
(so many people, so many people)

Everywhere you go you'll
see them searching
Everywhere you turn you'll feel the pain
Everyone is looking for the answer
Well look again.
Come on my friend,
Love will find them in the end
Come on my friend, we've got to bend
On our knees and say a prayer.

Oh, can you feel the world is pining
(so many people, so many people)
Pining for someone who really cares
Enough to share his love,
With all of us so we can be
(so many people)
An ever loving family.
(so many people)
Oh, have you forgotten we're all children
(so many people, so many people)
Children from a family tree
That's longer than a centipede
And started long ago when you and I