[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Curious

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 21:45:12 PDT 2008

I should have been more clear.  When I said "Ok, with most of those I
can see your point", I was referring to the other bills that were
mentioned.  For example, "celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl
Patterson".  Nothing wrong with that, I think it's a good thing, but if
you're looking for a list of "meaningful" bills according to his logic,
then it falls short.

As for prior military service, I don't think that it should be a
prerequisite for being President.  The military is a calling for a
dedicated few, not something I believe that everyone should have to
participate in (unless in time of real war - I'm talking invasion, not
declaring war on an abstract concept).  However, the President is the
Commander in Chief, so military service is a definite plus.  I'm not a
McCain fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I do give him credit
for his time spent in active service.  My political views don't often
align with active military members, which I discovered while I was in
the military, but I do respect them for their idealism and their bravery.

My fondness for a talented troll is something I've learned on various
forums on the Internet.  It takes great skill to craft a message
designed to enrage you without revealing what they are actually doing.
If he really is a troll, then he might even be a Democrat.  He's just
working hard to craft messages that provoke people like myself into just
having to respond.

I don't think that Governor Palin was a good choice for Vice President,
and I would not like to see her in the Oval Office.  She has just the
wrong amount of far-right fundamentalism (i.e. greater than zero) for me
to want her anywhere near being in charge.

Paul