[Vision2020] [spam] Re: [spam] Re: Palin and library books

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Fri Sep 12 12:14:24 PDT 2008

Sunil,

Thanks for response.  An American ideal is that one is presumed
innocent until "proven" guilty by a jury of peers.

Of course, one is free to say whatever they want (subject to the
crying "fire" in a crowded theatre dictum).

Investigations of the improper reimbursement issue are quite
structured, generally conducted by relatively independent parties -
state auditor, independent CPA, special commissions, attorney
general, comptroller, treasurer, General Accounting Office and the like.

Since the record of an investigation is likely to be reviewed by a
higher authority, it is relatively unlikely that the initial
investigations would be tainted, biased or intentionally misstated -
especially with issues that are receiving so much "air time".

One item does seem relevant - why would digging up Obama's thesis be
"irrelevant" while Palin's early years be relevant?  Is that a double standard?

I agree that our lists will have overlap; in fact, they may be
remarkably similar.  That said, our expectations for dealing with or
resolving the issues may be remarkably dissimilar.  But how would we
know unless we talked about it?

Again, thanks for response.