[Vision2020] Palin and library books

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 17:20:25 PDT 2008

It's always difficult to set standards for discourse on a list like this.  Jeff doesn't think that Tom should post links to articles on Palin's per diem claims.  many others might find the information helpful or interesting.

I think Jeff made incorrect statements in his recent post on 9/11, but I wouldn't say he shouldn't have posted his thoughts.  I would be interested in his defense of them, but despite my personal views it's certainly not my place to say that they were so far below the bar they shouldn't have been posted.  I think that claims that we were attacked because our attackers hate freedom are nonsense, and serve only to head off discussion of the real issues at hand, but people are free to post such stuff.  I just think they should be prepared to defend their statements once they've been offered.

Sunil