[Vision2020] 9/11

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 20:44:35 PDT 2008

Conspiracy theories about 9/11 cover the whole spectrum.  They cover
most of the ground between a bit of knowledge that might have led them
to know it was coming yet they did nothing to a full-blown orchestrating
of events.

Anyone with any doubts about any aspect of what happened on 9/11 is
immediately a "truther".  My own personal take on it is that most of the
physical-based theories are based on misunderstandings of physics.  Such
as the hole in the Pentagon allegedly not being large enough to be a
commercial plane, to some of the odd phenomena that happened as the
towers went down.

On the other hand, there was a lot of chicanery and odd events that are
not really explained.  Flying out the Bin Laden family when the rest of
the country was under a "no-fly" order.  Airline stock being shorted in
large numbers right before it happened.  Some strange things heard by
officials about Building 7 before it came down.  Some odd planes flying
around in the news coverage, and some other things I can't quite remember.

I think the American people are being beaten down with the concept that
everything is black and white.  You're either a patriot or you're a
"truther" or a terrorist.  The truth, as always, is more complicated
than that.

Besides, the fear that 9/11 engendered in our population has already
been used to further at least one major war as well as a whole host of
civil rights abuses.  I think it's high time we stop using it as a hammer.

Paul