[Vision2020] 9/11

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:59:02 PDT 2008

> Throw out the barb - then duck the issue.
> Here is a Wikipedia link to 911 conspiracy theories. You might find it
> informative.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories
>
>> > It is modern history and yet, already we have groups within our borders
>> > which attempt to persuade us that 911 was a government conspiracy.  '
>>
>> Don't look at me. Look across the water in Minneapolis, at the Ron
>> Paul paraconvention.
>
> Same old name calling - an example of your basic human decency?

Jeff --

I was unaware that the majority of Americans needed to be reminded
that al-Qaeda was responsible for 9/11, or that those people would be
impressed by a video displayed at the Republican National Convention
during a presidential candidate's speech. There are Americans that
deny the Holocaust. There are Americans deny that we landed on the
moon.

Those people weren't at the Democratic convention.

Or, well, they were. But they were throwing bricks at us. Same guys
showed up in St. Paul this year, too, plus the Paulites.

>> > And the notion that political parties should not utilize video to engage
>> > Americans
>> > in a reminder of the event is naive at best.
>>
>> The notion that a political party should not use a great American
>> tragedy as a political cudgel is basic human decency, a concept about
>> which your Torture Party seems to have entirely forgotten.
>> Unfortunately, after the last six years, it appears to be naive to
>> expect them not to.
>
> Oh, I was on the record for each of those things ... where were you?
>
>> > And your hypocrisy is so blatant - your "world view" is so skewed.
>> >  Where is
>> > your "outrage" at the bilge spewed by Michael Moore. Why have you not
>> > condemned MoveOn.org for their endorsement of his film during the 2004
>> > presidential campaign.
>>
>> Not this again. Here, let me give the 'condemn this!' game a try. Why
>> haven't I ever heard you condemn the Watergate break-in? Isn't it a
>> little suspicious that you've never said anything negative about the
>> Holocaust? Where's your outrage at Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?
>>
>> Now, Jeff, why aren't you on the record saying anything bad about any
>> of these things? Hint: it wasn't the topic of our conversation*.
>
> Given your feelings about the opening video for the RNC, it would perhaps
> enlightening for you to view the Fahrenheit 911 movie and its role in the
> 2004 elections.
>
> And if you are not a member of MoveOn.org, are you aware of it and its role
> in advancing the candidacy of Barack Obama?

Sure. Great. Are you aware of G. Gordon Liddy and his role in
advancing the candidacy of John McCain? How about the role of Sun
Myung Moon? Or, hell, Jack Abramoff? Doug Coe? Luis Posada? John
Poindexter? The American Issues Project? There is a broad miscellany
of cult leaders, smear artists, traitors, terrorists, and felons
supporting the Republican party this year. As there is every year.

You might notice that this list is composed of supporters whom McCain
hasn't taken the time to condemn. This is, of course, because the
country is divided roughly in half, and the parties representing each
half pretty much divide the assholes between them. I'm not going to
speak for the whole party (here's a name: Wen Ho Lee), but Obama has,
for instance, cut off personal access to major donors to MoveOn. Has
McCain done something similar for (let's say) the American Issues
Project*?

-- ACS