[Vision2020] 9/11

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:41:08 PDT 2008

I think this is a simplistic statement:

"This enemy, sworn to our destruction,
has been at war with us for decades."

It wraps up all movements and people in the region and pretends they're all the same.  I think Al Qaeda is a separate and distinct group that didn't start fighting us until after the first Gulf War, when we had troops in Saudi Arabia.  I think that was the catalyst for his movement, one that Paul Wolfowitz agreed with when he stated that one of the reasons for our current invasion and occupation of Iraq was the need to get our troops out of Saudi Arabia.

Their cause is not identical to that of the Palestinians, for example.  They may exploit the Palestinians' plight in order to get more support, but that's not their main issue.

What in particular do you label 'bilge' in "Farenheit 911?'  Is it bilge to point out the dismal job of the mainstream media and their pathetic analysis of the Administrations's case for the Iraq war?  Is it bilge to argue (accurately) that Bush exploited 9/11 to build support for the war?

Sunil