[Vision2020] Gov. Palin Foreign Policy Experience

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Sep 1 06:12:33 PDT 2008

Alaska . . . where the temperature is cold and the governor is hot.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

> Excellent points, Shawn.   It's been a real hoot to hear the Republicans
> try to defend Palin as the most experienced of any particular VP
possibilit> y, more so than Obama and Biden, just as they did a few years
ago with
> "the most experienced jurist in the land, Clarence Thomas," and Dan
Qua> yle, for whom "handsome" was supposed to cover a multitude of
political
a> nd intellectual failings.

> As Doug Wilson says, though, she is pretty ("a pippin"), and,
quoti> ng him further, she has the "hot school marm"-loving vote locked up.

> Keely
>

> From: shawnc at outtrack.com
> To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:56:51 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Gov. Palin Foreign Policy Experience
>

> For every label that says Palin has "executive
> experience" and Obama does not, the opposite can be said of "national
> experience".  Which does a president need more of?  But either of
> these are just labels or titles - you must look more deeply because
"experi> ence"
> is a very ambiguous term.
>
> For Obama's "present" votes in Illinois, voting
> "present" in Illinois isn't the same a voting present in other states -
if
> that
> state even allows for such a vote.  In Illinois, voting "present" is
the>
> counted the same as voting "no".
>
> Palin: 20 months as governor of the 3rd least
> populous state in the US, before that a part time mayor and city
councilw> oman
> for a town of less than 9,000; Obama: Senator for the 5th most
populous>  state in
> the US for a little less than 4 years where he has written 890 bills and
> cosponsored 1096, before that state legislator for again the 5th most
pop> ulous
> state on the country for 7 years where he sponsored over 820 bills, and
t> aught
> constitutional law for 12 years at the University of Chicago Law
School.
> Before her being named to McCain's ticket, the talk of her was moving UP
> Senator or Alaska's lone House Representative.
>
> She has a BA in Sports Journalism which would
> disqualify her for being considered for most school principal or other
exec> utive
> positions. Obama has BA in International Relations from Columbia
University> .. He
> later graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard
in
> 1991.
> That’s top of his class at arguably the best school in the
country/world.>  While
> at Harvard he was also president of the Harvard Law Review.
>
> My questions to McCain-
>  How did you determine that she was the best
> choice when only meeting with her once and talking to her once or
> twice?
>  If you wanted a female running-mate, why did
> you not choose the more experienced Kay Bailey Hutchison?
>  If Obama had chosen someone like Palin, what
> would you be saying about her?
>
> Shawn

Obam> a,
> [...]
the
> size
>   of the town Palin governed. How long someone has sat in a chair or held
a>
>   position is not the skill set needed to be President. Leadership is the
m> ost
>   important aspect of a President, and Obama has that in spades.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Donovan
>
> --- On Sat,
>   8/30/08, Jeff Harkins <jeffh at moscow.com> wrote:
>

>     From: Jeff Harkins <jeffh at moscow.com>
>
>     Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Gov. Palin Foreign Policy Experience
>
>     To: "Chasuk" <chasuk at gmail.com>
>
>     Cc: vision2020 at moscow.com
>
>     Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 10:29 PM
>

>     Thanks!  You have such a way with words and such respect
> for your
>
> neighbors.  Perhaps you have spent entirely too much time in
> Warcraft.
>

> My mistake on your European heritage.  From a correspondence a
> year
>
> or so ago, I had been led to believe that you transmigrated from
>
> Europe to US.  You have made several references to how much you
>
> prefer Europe to the US.  It does make me wonder, if you love
> the UK
>
> so much, why are you here?
>

> At 08:28 PM 8/30/2008, you wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 20:09, Jeff Harkins
> <jeffh at moscow.com> wrote:
>

> > > Obviously better training than you, and common sense just
> comes as
>
> part of
>
> > > our kit - but then you are European, huh!
>

> >I'm European?  Since when?  I'd better get my passport
> changed.
>

> > > To my Canadian friends, the author of the original message
> does not
>
> > > represent the views of most Americans.  We have
> absolute respect for
>
> your
>
> > > sovereignty, for your peaceful demeanor and for the
> opportunity to
>
> trade
>
> > > with you.
>

> >I have great respect and affection for Canadians, I just don't
> have
>
> >any respect for your idiocy.
>

> >Chas
>

> =========================> =========================> =====
>
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

> http://www.fsr.net
>

> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
>
> =========================> =========================> =====
>

> =========================> =========================> =====
>  List
> services made available by First Step Internet,
>  serving the
> communities of the Palouse since 1994.
>

> http://www.fsr.net
>

> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

> Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger.  Find out how.
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_> yahoo_082008>

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)