[Vision2020] Barack Obama's Muslim Childhood

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:23:09 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 05:44, No Weatherman <no.weatherman at gmail.com> wrote:

> my concern about the package in front of me is not what it
> looks like but what's really inside it.

You judge the package based on soundbites.

You haven't read his books.  Maybe they were ghostwritten -- which I
am not conceding -- but they are still reflective of his views.

You have trapped yourself in a vicious circle.  You believe the
soundbites and the innuendo, so the only side of the story that
interests you is that which supports the fallacies in which you
already believe.

You won't watch any positive reporting on Wright because you have
already made up your mind.

I have done my honest best to understand the package inside and out,
whereas you have never looked beyond the circumstantial.

I do care that our president not makes us look like bumpkins on the
world stage, and
I do care that our president is eloquent, intelligent, and good under
pressure, but that is just the shortlist.

I've opened the package to the fullest extent possible, and you hold
the package and shake it and pretend to care what's really inside.

You care only about confirming and defending your own prejudices, and
you wonder why some people call you racist.  I'm not calling you a
racist, but it is an understandable perception.  When a man makes it
obvious that he intends to argue only for his own bias, without
examining the evidence presented him, people reasonably wonder, what
bias is he trying so desperately to safeguard?

Chas