[Vision2020] If the shoe was on the other foot (was A Plea to Saundra Lund)

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Mon Oct 27 18:16:53 PDT 2008

Given that apparently anyone, anywhere, at any time can now inexplicably find him/herself as a Presidential running mate, the prudent thing would appear to be voluntary pre-disclosure of any possibly embarrassing or unsavory events in one's past. I'll start.

Should I ever find myself occupying the bottom of a Presidential ticket, I confess in advance, before the blogosphere releases the info, that circa 1960 I impulsively decided, while cruising Fonk's 5 and Dime, to steal a rubber knife that my 9 or 10 year old self suddenly decided I really, really needed to have.  I've also been known to be friends with Republicans.  I have secretly believed that "MacArthur Park" by Richard Harris was and is a great song, while seemingly everyone else hates it.  I wore paisley shirts and actually owned a Nehru jacket.  I attended the Universal Life Church Picnic at Farragut State Park in 1971, which turned out be a 3 day long mini-Woodstock, with some 55,000 people doing things that 55,000 people at such an event did in 1971.  I stayed the entire 3 days, but entirely out of intellectual curiousity.  But if I am ever accused of consorting with known Boise State fans, I will deny such slurs emphatically.  Politics is a tough thing.   Carl Westberg Jr.