[Vision2020] damned facts

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 10:21:07 PDT 2008

Visionaries:

Ms. Mix boxed herself into a corner yesterday when she declared:

"Barack Obama is no kind of Muslim. Not Black Muslim, radical Muslim,
cradle-Muslim, Democrat Muslim, or any other kind of Muslim. His
confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, while not automatically
meaning he's a Christian, damned sure means he isn't Muslim."
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-October/058225.html

"Because, dear heart, a Muslim who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord not
only ceases to be a Muslim, but unfortunately risks separation from
family and death by doing so. One is not likely to lie in claiming
something that could well get him killed because of it."
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-October/058231.html

However, she refused to answer my follow up question:

"You've made more assertions without supporting them. Therefore,
Sweetie, before I answer you I need to know if this answer or your
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-October/058244.html

Therefore, I have to make two points in this post:

1.	At one time in his life, Obama was a Muslim.

2.	Obama's current religion, whatever it is, has not affected his
relationship with his family and has not threatened his life with
other Muslims, contra Ms. Mix's declaration.

First, this investigative article
http://www.danielpipes.org/article/5354
confirms the fact that Barack Obama practiced Islam.

Second, the question about Obama losing his family and placing his
life at risk for professing the Christian religion is easily answered.

1.	When Obama visited his Kenyan family in 2006, they (including one
of his grandmothers) gave him a hero's welcome:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14512605/

2.	When Obama visited his cousin Odinga in Kenya last year, cuz O
didn't shun cuz O because of his alleged Christian religion:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7176683.stm

IOW, no one tried to kill him.

Therefore, I conclude that Ms. Mix is wrong, as usual, for stating,
"Barack Obama is no kind of Muslim. . . His confession of Jesus Christ
as Lord and Savior, while not automatically meaning he's a Christian,
damned sure means he isn't Muslim."

Damned hysterics sound damned convincing but it would be nice if she
bothered to check the damned facts before she started damning.