[Vision2020] ACORN: Change You Can Believe In

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 20:42:56 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 08:47, No Weatherman <no.weatherman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's see, you got ACORN, HAMAS, the bogus Dallas Cowboys, Gaza,
> Rezko, Wright, Farrakhan, Raines, Johnson, Ayers, etc. in the
> incredibly short political career of rising star Barack Obama.

ACORN == A community organization that helps the disenfranchised and
dispossessed register to vote.  It self-reports its own bad apples,
but that doesn't provide enough fodder for scandalmongers.

HAMAS == A political party whose elected members hold the majority of
seats in the Palestinian National Authority, the organization which
legally administers most of  the West Bank and Gaza Strip.  One of
their political advisers admires Obama's foreign policy.

The bogus Dallas Cowboys == Conflate this with ACORN, where it
belongs.  Not even tangentially a separate issue.

I'm recovering from acute bronchitis, so I don't have the will to
belabor all of these associations.  It wouldn't make any difference,
anyway.  People will come to  the conclusions that please them.  It
apparently pleases you to see Obama as an alarming bogeyman.

I could, of course, draw up similar lists smearing McCain -- AKA
vertically challenged Bush -- but it would be pointless for identical
reasons.