[Vision2020] The Politics of Desperation

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:13:42 PDT 2008

Ms. Lund,

I agree with you that the long-standing personal and professional
relationship between Barack Obama and domestic terrorist Bill Ayers is
not relevant to the economic crisis facing our republic, except,
perhaps, as it might reflect on Obama's exceptionally poor judgment in
choosing associates or how it might indicate his inability to oversee
successfully large sums of money while serving in an executive
capacity. After all, he blew tons of cash in a failed endeavor as
chairman of the board at CAC. Stanley Kurtz writes,

"The Chicago Annenberg Challenge stands as Barack Obama's most
important executive experience to date. By its own account, CAC was a
largely a failure."

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=MTViMGRmMmYxZTgwZTFjYmFjODU5YzM4Y2MwM2ViMjY=

Therefore, you may benefit by considering Obama's close personal and
professional relationship with Ayers because that's the kind of change
you can believe that Obama wants to implement.

And, speaking of exceptionally poor judgment in choosing associates,
you could consider the fact that Obama sought housing and economic
counsel from Franklin Raines, the morally bankrupt fraud who
shipwrecked Fannie Mae but managed to bail out with millions of
dollars before the last rat jumped:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/09/how_close_are_raines_and_obama.html

Yes, it's frightening. In fact, it scares the hell out me because I
cannot think of any good reason why Obama would ask Raines for advice
when he keeps saying he wants to bring Change You Can Believe In.

Or you could talk about Jim Johnson, the former chairman of Fannie Mae
who Obama originally picked to lead his VP vetting squad. Obama said,
"I am not vetting my VP search committee for their mortgages." Maybe
he should have because in hindsight we know that Obama showed very
poor judgment by choosing another corrupt Washington insider:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/12/nation/na-johnson12

And since you brought up the word "CLUELESS" in relation to the Dow
falling again yesterday, you need to know that most economists don't
measure the economy by the Dow because of its highly erratic nature.
It jumps up and down on a regular basis, it regularly corrects itself,
and it returns to normal. Those of us who have a CLUE know that smart
investors are jumping into the market right now while fools are
selling off. Buy low sell high.

Just some fudge for thought for you today.