[Vision2020] Say What? Everyone Deserves Death.

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun May 18 17:13:17 PDT 2008

I'm not quite sure why Donovan is taking such flack for this.  He is,
of course, entirely correct.

Romans 6:23. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

In other words, if we got what we deserved, we would get death.  But
God has given us eternal life through Jesus.  This isn't contentious
Christian theology, but what the majority of Christians who have ever
lived have believed.  I am sure that there are more palatable
interpretations now, but that doesn't make Donovan wrong, just
old-school.

Yes, I believe that all of this talk about sin is barbaric twaddle.
But part of this dialogue has occurred between believers, who ought to
be honest about the consensus, and not protest just because it is
Donovan who is presenting the inherent ugliness.

Chas