[Vision2020] Say What? Everyone Deserves Death.

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 19:18:40 PDT 2008

Chas,

  Thanks for your candor. I will never understand the "shoot the messenger" mentality of human thinking.

  People do not like to hear that they are unworthy of life. It doesn't come across to many people as a positive message. But only this understanding shows the true sacrifice and necessary actions of Jesus. It also shows us a much needed sense of humility.

  I do disagree with it being barbaric. I think the belief that humanity is still worthy and entitled of walking the Earth as we destroy it and everything on it, offend God, and hurt each other is the barbaric view.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
  I'm not quite sure why Donovan is taking such flack for this. He is,
of course, entirely correct.

Romans 6:23. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

In other words, if we got what we deserved, we would get death. But
God has given us eternal life through Jesus. This isn't contentious
Christian theology, but what the majority of Christians who have ever
lived have believed. I am sure that there are more palatable
interpretations now, but that doesn't make Donovan wrong, just
old-school.

Yes, I believe that all of this talk about sin is barbaric twaddle.
But part of this dialogue has occurred between believers, who ought to
be honest about the consensus, and not protest just because it is
Donovan who is presenting the inherent ugliness.

Chas

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com