[Vision2020] UI Presidents Buck National Trend Toward Longer Tenure

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri May 16 23:21:39 PDT 2008

I'm relatively certain that if you opened the job up to anyone with a
GED who had successfully chaired a few PTA meetings or equivalent that
we could find a suitable replacement for about $80,000 a year.  White
is vacating one of those overpaid non-jobs that Chimpanzees could be
trained to do if we could convince them to wear suits and improve
their vocabulary, but we insist on hiring overqualified people for
because we don't want the hoi poi to know how little it actually
entails.

Yes, I'm being ornery. I'm sure White was worth every penny.  Someone
had to approve that spiffy new logo, after all.  And smiling a lot and
shaking hands and attending lots of dinners is hard work.  I mean,
look how much the Queen of England makes for doing essentially the
same thing.

Chas