[Vision2020] The Fetus is Not a Baby and is not a Person

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 18:10:33 PDT 2008

Joe,

  Point of Order. I did not throw the first stone. Mr. Gier did. And I was not arguing with Chas we were discussing the merits of Christ. So please don't lie.  But make no bones about it. If you someone attacks me, like Hansen or Gier, I will respond in kind.

  If you don't want me to tell the truth about Mr. Gier, tell him not to bash me in public. Don't step on a snake and complain when bitten.

  Best Regards.

  Donovan

Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net> wrote:
  I'm not familiar with it, Ralph. But thanks for the reference!

I should be clear that the point of my post was not to slam Christianity --
indeed, I am a Christian.

I just wanted to instill a little humility in Dougovan and note that no world-
view -- none to my knowledge, at least -- is without its problems. Maybe he'll
lighten up a bit, and reflect on his own notable transgressions, rather than
persist in always throwing the first stone, so to speak.

I also want to go on record as saying that Nick Gier is not anti-Christian and
that his body of academic work is substantive and impressive. To say
otherwise, is not to know what one is talking about and to degrade all
philosophers on the Palouse, since Nick is clearly among the best.

I've never been offended by anything that Nick has said -- which is not to say
that I've always agreed with him! I would say the same about you, Ralph!

Everyone needs a good challenge. But everyone needs respect, as well. I
applaud respectful challenges, like mine, and Nick's, and Ralph's and hope
that Christovan will drop the negative rhetoric from here on out.

Best, Joe

---- Ralph Nielsen wrote:

=============
Joe and others, I suppose you're familiar with Bart D. Ehrman's
latest book, God's Problem; How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most
Important Questions---Why We Suffer.

Ralph

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net wrote:

Fri May 9 06:43:19 PDT 2008

Dalovan,

So God is not all powerful? He is a victim, able to be taken over by
mere
humans? There was nothing He could have done about it?

-- The Devil's Advocate

=============

---- Donovan Arnold wrote:

Chas,

Humans have free will. They were the ones that choose and did the
torturing. Humans are the ones that demanded the sacrifice. I don't
think God was to blame.

You just were talking to me earlier about the fallacies of
thinking, that if you cannot see it, it must not be there. I think
this is the case with you. You don't physically see God, so you don't
believe in him, and you don't see the situation, so you disagree with
the solution.

God sacrificed himself , his own flesh, for you, not because he
was a fool, but because it was the ultimate sacrifice, and the only
one that humans could understand and see.

Best Regards,

Donovan

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com