[Vision2020] Sali Seeks to Delay Mexican Consulate

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun May 4 18:58:25 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> US citizens cannot afford to provide these services for
> themselves and whatever poor soul crosses the boarder. Illegal laborers need
> to stay in their own country, work hard, and provide for themselves, not
> suck our resources and away from our children and our workers.

I don't buy this.  USians are more comfortable than most other humans
on the earth.  In the US in 2006, money spent on ADVERTISING reached
over $153 billion, which is more than the entire GDP of most nations.
The entire GDP of Singapore, for example -- the 45th richest nation on
earth -- was $161 billion (2007 IMF figures).

US companies spent only slightly less than that trying to convince
USians to buy Mountain Dew and potato chips.

I'm poor, by US standards.  If not for the kindness of someone on this
list, I recently would have endured extreme financial difficulty.  I
understand poverty.  But I'm rich compared to most in the world, and I
am grateful daily for being so lucky.

Chas